Monday, July 04, 2005

Independence Day

Isn't it funny how things start to happen when you least expect them to? This has been happening lately to quite a few friends. Things from the past are altering, new horizons are beckoning and change is in the air. However, it seems as if we're all stuck in mud waiting for something to pull us out of our revery and move forward. Shouldn't we be allowed independence from that which holds us back?

I've been thinking of a friend that I met on the Fourth of July, lately. He's about to become a father for the first time and it's been a while since we talked. However, he is firmly part of my past or so I would assume. Nevertheless, remembering him reminded me that while taking risks can lead to heartache it also makes you a more interesting person.

So which? Independence from inaction? Independence from our own frailties? Or independence from judging oneself too harshly for choices made?

Not sure which I'd prefer. Sometimes I'd just like my brain and heart to work together instead of so, well,... independently.....sigh.

Anyway, may you all have a FABULOUS FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! Do something relaxing, or energizing, or patriotic or just downright silly. As for me, I want to go oooooh and aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh over fireworks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home