Monday, August 07, 2006

Lioness

Lioness
My feet echo across the worn planks
Rough, Unfinished
zoned for construction
but untouched
since destruction
because of
you.
Musical refrain playing through my head
Your age
Such an innocent number
On the brink of awareness
One step from the unknown
In my time.
An age of experience
On the brink of finality
One step from the unknown
In your time.
Our souls entwined
for all these
years.
A continent's span
A tumbling of time away
Could not separate
Our Bond.
You tolerated others
But loved
me.
Always picking up where we left off.
You knew
Instinctively
That which was right for me.
Rarely did I listen.
And now
You
Struggle.
I lean into assist
Saddened by your dependency.
Yet
You are
Determined
to face this next challenge
alone.
You have my permission
Let your soul flee
When it is time.
And when it is time
My soul
will echo across this
Rough, Unfinished world
Worn and
missing yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home