Friday, February 16, 2007

Miscellanea....mostly baby stuff

Lots of flotsam and jetsam in my head. Here goes:

  • So the taxes are done. So simple online.
  • February is drawing to a quick close and the one good thing about global warming is that I won't have to freeze in a house with a broken heater anymore.
  • Baby is doing beautifully. S/he passed the amnio tests with flying colors. In other words, there are no chromosomal defects of any kind. Which means I get to warp the child in the traditional way: through parenting.
  • The head looked huge in last ultrasound and still twenty weeks to go (after Tues., Feb. 20) The term ouch is already coming to mind.
  • Due date was pushed back to original date which is July 10, 2007.
  • My refusal to learn gender of the baby was called, "Old School Pregnancy" by one of my students.
  • Going to Kauai with parents on first week of my spring break. I can't wait for April!!!!
  • Felt the baby kick for three, rhythmic bubble popping times on way to work last Friday. However, s/he has been remarkably silent since then...sigh.
  • Got my hospital stuff on last dr. visit on the 12th.
  • Registered after amnio on Jan. 31st. My sisters were a blast to hang out with that day!!!!
  • I had a great Valentine's day with my parents after attending a union meeting.
  • My "job" as an Exec. Board member has been eye-opening.
  • We're well under way with Science Fair projects and as if Christyn and I didn't have enough to do we decided to take on doing a yearbook (for the first time ever at our school) too. We're certifiable! Probably why the kids like us so much.
  • Actually created a myspace account for students. I really didn't want them reading my "adult" one because of personal content.
  • FINALLY DECIDED TO UPDATE BLOGS....even though I'm the only one who reads me anymore....giggle.
  • Have had really interesting texting conversations with Matt, and Joe recently.
  • Found out I can still massage people. Jeanine ordered one last week.
  • Found out I can still dance....which I must admit was a little scary since I have not attempted to do anything that strenuous since I tore the ligaments in my ankle. I was pulled out of the audience at an assembly yesterday to dance with the conductor of the Cesar Chavez High School Jazz Band. It was fun!!!!! And I didn't break or tear anything! YAY!!!!

And on that note I'm going to "trip the light fantastic" out of here!

Take care one and all!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

HELLO! I read you! Remember, I am stuck up in the boonies with only the internet and muscle bound boys to keep me entertained....nevermind I see why you think I don't read you anymore :-)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wishing to hear about the baby ... and you. I do hope everything went perfectly.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home