Saturday, November 18, 2006

One of My Dreams Come True

Chalk up another tally in the column of "Why this is my favorite year of life!" column~

I'm pregnant!!!!!

I found out on Wednesday, November 8, 2006. The baby will be due in July, 2007. Coincidentally I already had an ob/gyn appointment for the end of this month. I decided to not try for sooner (although I'm sure they would've fit me in) since I had made that appointment in October and knew that that was the soonest I could get in in the afternoon. I'd just as soon hold onto my sick days for as long as possible.

My sperm donor knows, my family and closest friends know, some co-workers and as of Thursday, November 16, 2006 all of my students know. I have had such amazingly positive responses that I feel doubly blessed. One blessing to finally have a dream come true and the other to have so many in my life support that dream!!!!

I feel healthy (no morning sickness) and exceptionally calm! Emotionally I feel at peace in a way I never have before. Very Zen.

Anyway, blessings to all and may you have a dream come true this year as well!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

OMG!!!! Hoooray Hooray!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I came by here to thank you for my birthday wishes and instead, I found this fantastic news!! So, on the day I was celebrating my birthday (16th), you were telling your great news!! FANTASTIC! I remember you talking about doing this quite some time ago. I remember encouraging you. I'm so happy for you!! It will be a dream come true. I cannot think of more incredible times in my life ... I was 4 months pregnant when I first felt my daughter move. It felt like butterfly flutters. For a moment I didn't know what it was, then I realized. So amazing! And the kicking, and oh - she always had the hiccups and my belly was forever bouncing up and down with each hiccup. Oh ... and the first time they placed her in my arms and I held her against my body ... and looked at her face that I'd long to see up close. Oh!!! I'm just so happy for you! My daughter will be 10 in March, and yet, I still remember all those things as if they happened only yesterday. Heres to a smooth, healthy pregnancy! Congratulations! I hope you keep us informed on here.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

YAY!!!

Tia Shanda *ok so I can't pronounce it but you get the picture*

10:31 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

You better be taking care of yourself because I would hate to have to make you rest when I see you on Saturday. I'm bringing fudge :-)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tap Tap Tap ... is this thing on?? Where are you? HOW are you?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home