Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Shanda's Weird Habits Game

So my friend Shanda "tagged" me with this game of hers. I don't know that I'm going to tag anyone else because she chose some people I would have and I don't know that many bloggers. Plus the whole linking thing starts to get to me. I barely am online anymore as it is. I feel guilty asking it of others but to play the game I guess I tag anyone reading>--- so there. Here are the directions:

The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits" of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals.

My Five Weird Habits:
1. I prefer to go to the bathroom with the door open. Long story about being afraid of dying in there alone. I obviously do NOT go to the bathroom in public or when a guest at someone's home with the door open....It's hard but I actually close the door and "do my business."
2. I have to have my shoulders covered when I go to bed (especially during winter) or I'm too cold and cannot sleep. In summer it's never an issue. I can sleep nude....which I prefer.
3. I like to take naps in my car. (NOT WHILE DRIVING!)
4. I am nearly obsessive about checking my cell phone to see if there's a text message. I pretty much always leave it on silent mode to not disturb others but I love to see that little light flash red because it means someone's thinking about me.
5. I just noticed (at dinner tonight) that I always turn my plate the opposite direction from the way it's given to me in restaurants. I don't know why but the plate always looks unbalanced. When I did it tonight I realized immediately that I do it all the time. I want certain foods on certain sides. Now I never do that at home but then I "balance" my plate at home by placing the foods in their "proper" places. I can't believe I just noticed this little OCD thing now....but I know I have been doing it forever. Epiphany moment of the day.

It took me forever to come up with five weird habits. I've had this draft going for quite a while. Now if it had been five BAD habits? Well, that takes five seconds to come up with. And let's face it---how do you stop at five? It's always easier to come up with negatives about oneself. Which is sad when you think about it. Why isn't it easier to notice our idiosyncracies or even our GOOD habits? Why don't we focus on the unique and special?

Have fun thinking about your own daily/weekly/lifely rituals.

7 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I thought it was tough too! And you are not alone - I have a real hard time closing the bathroom door too. I don't know where that stemmed from though.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I can't stay and really read this right now ... just dashing by ... but what caught my eye was how your turn your plate when out to eat. I do the SAME thing!! I have NO idea why I do it either. They always seem to put the side I want on my left on my right! Go figure!! So see, we must have great minds, as we think alike!!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Cjristina said...

Dear Annie & Wendy~
Why good people find each other---their idiosyncracies!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jea9 said...

It is a tough one but I know I could think of a dozen or more if I paid closer attention. Honestly, I don't know how this blog thing works so I suppose I could just post it on my blog but wouldn't know how to tag 5 more people.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Good Job Christie! You are absolutely right about the car one. The first time I saw you doing that I thought you were hurt.

8:41 PM  
Blogger MezzoDragon said...

Ooh Ooh! I know the bathroom story!! Finally one I've heard!

And Sleeping in the car isn't weird!!

Is it?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Cjristina said...

It's weird if you are in the driver's seat. I pull into my driveway, then turn the car off, put seat back and take a nap when I'm truly exhausted.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home