Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dalin's Bash 2

Ah to be six and have a world of wishes at your fingertips!!! Do they come true if you tell?
Dalin loved the glow worm caves in New Zealand! I bought this book for him there. I also got him one that was a folk tale about how the Maori learned to fish. I couldn't compete with the grandparents and other aunts and uncles when we first started having kid birthdays. However, I KNOW BOOKS! So I became the book giving tia. (Tia is Spanish for aunt.) Now the kids all look forward to what books they are going to receive for their birthdays and Christmas. Instead of cards, I always write something on the flyleaf or inside cover. One Christmas when Dalin was about three and a half, he said, "No Mama. Let me read it!" to my sister when she was going to read what I had put down. He said, "Dear Dalin, I love you very, very, very, very, very much! I hope you love this story as much as I do. Merry Christmas. Your Tia." He wasn't that far off. There was a little more to it than that but it was pretty accurate. Now, of course, he reads beautifully, as do his cousins. It makes me proud that I helped a little with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home