Monday, August 08, 2005

Insight

I just finished reading my Inner Sight post in a new window. As I did it occurred to me that it's not just allowing others to help me with negative emotions. While my main change is going to have to be drawing strength from others I now know that I also have to start accepting compliments in a much more gracious manner. I have to stop "pooh-pooing" when someone says something nice to me. I need to realize that maybe that person has an insight about me that I need to hear and acknowledge. And most importantly believe.

4 Comments:

Blogger DS Irvin said...

I have trouble accepting compliments as well. So, I understand what you mean.

As far as insights go, just because you hear something and acknowledge it doesn't mean you have to consider it true. It only means you have to think about it and decide whether it is true or not.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Wildflower said...

Good thought. If you suceed in learning how to accept them, let me know how :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Cjristina said...

Illimitable Voices~So true. The trouble that I've always had is that I automatically don't believe any comment (that is not negative in nature) is true. By the way, your poetry is evocative of so many things that I am generally stumped on how to comment on your blog about it. I've loved every piece I've read. They've touched me deeply. I hope to someday own a book of your poetry. Do you have plans to publish? Oh and thanks for visiting.

Wildflower~If I can figure out a way to do it graciously, I think I'll patent the idea. I'll give you your own free copy though.
;-)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

I assume that the brain cell will transfer this ability to me? I hope so :-)

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home