Saturday, September 17, 2005

Seven Sevens

This is an adaptation of a quiz friends of mine have been posting on their blogs. The * questions are ones I made up as substitutes for the originals that didn't do much for me personally. The # questions I altered the wording only slightly.

I. What are seven things you plan to do before you die?
1. Have a baby.
2. Buy my own home.
3. Make a quilt for every member of my family.
4. Get my dad to make me three more bookshelves.
5. Visit~Well, pick a spot on the world and I'd be thrilled to try it out. Some top choices are to return to New Zealand, Italy, Peru and New York City. Also, to visit places I've never been: England, Scotland, Egypt, China, Tahiti & Alaska to name a few.
6. Sew a wedding gown.
7. Wear a HOT dress as a bridesmaid. (Shawn, Shanda and Jeanine that was a hint.)

#II. What are seven things that you can do well?
1. Teach
2. Act
3. Write
4. Dance
5. Take care of others.
6. Give good massages.
7. The splits in all three directions.

#III. What are seven things that you won't or cannot do?
1. Bungee jump or skydive. I wanted to do both, once upon a time, but then I fell six feet straight down into a basement. Now every time I take a small tumble my heart starts to race like when I went crashing into the basement. I'm afraid that I'd go into shock if I tried a big fall.
2. Not get bruised, bumped, scraped, cut &/or gashed weekly. I'm a klutz and I admit it.
3. Sing girly high notes. I lost my voice completely in 1990. It finally returned but my entire upper register was lost. Prior to 1990 I had a great range and great projection. I didn't have the best quality but I could match whomever I was next to so choir &/or musical directors could put me anywhere they needed extra volume. Now I have to be near the baritones. NOT THE ALTOS. I know that that is the description for low female singers but even altos get too high for me at times. Baritones are much more comfortable to be around. The weirdest part is that my brain still thinks I can do it but nothing comes out when I try. Kind of like the phantom limb phenomenon but vocally.
4. Too much noise for too long. I like lots of quiet time so that I can listen to the voices in my own head.
5. Swim in a disaster. I can't stand to watch those movies where they swim underwater forever without taking a breath. I'd be so panicked in that situation that I would end up not holding my breath at all and drowning immediately.
6. Watch a decapitation, even a fake movie one, without feeling ill. I don't like to see any violence done to the neck for any reason whatsoever!
7. I cannot speak objectively about the people I love. I tend to gush.

#IV. What are seven things that attract you to a human being?
1. Intelligence
2. Talent
3. Compassion
4. Humor
5. Great eyes
6. Great smile
7. Ability to let the little shit go.

V. What are seven things that you say the most?
1. "I don't know; can you? Can in English means to know how. You just asked me if you know how to __________________. I haven't seen you do it so I'm not sure." Fill in the blank. Usually said to students when they ask me if they can go to the bathroom.
2. "Hello my name is Ms. Nelson and I'm mean and evil." followed by a brief pause, "I mean it." Yet again to students. Later in the year it's changed to "I told you I was mean and evil."
3. "M'ijo" and "m'ija" to my nieces and nephews.
4. "Take care." To everybody, especially when saying goodbye.
5. "Drive safely." Again to everybody when saying goodbye.
6. "Duh! Of course I will." Because I don't know how to say no unless I have other plans.
7. "I love you."

*VI. What are seven things that you would like to say but don't or are afraid to?
1. "Why are you complaining? Don't you know how blessed you are?"
2. "Mr. Bush are you really that stupid or are you just plain greedy and say what others pay you to say?"
3. "Why don't you love me?"
4. "This is really inane (or moronic, stupid, inconceivable...depending on the day.) I can't believe we're expected to do something so asinine!"
5. "I shouldn't care more about your child's education than you do."
6. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
7. "No."

*VII. What are seven of the nicest things that were ever done for you or said to you?
1. My parents have given me experiences around the country and world through travelling that have been invaluable.
2. Jason "Monkey" Feilzer said, "I wish all women were like Christina." to Jaye and Veg in a van on the way back from the Eddie Izzard concert in San Francisco. I overheard but didn't understand. I asked for clarification, "What do you mean all women were like me? How am I?" He said, "You're you."
3. My sister and brother-in-law told me that if anything happened to them that they would want me to have Robbie, and Carina. (Lelan wasn't born then.)
4. "Tia, Tia, Tia!" Pretty much everytime I hear a niece or nephew say it I get all gooey, warm and mushy inside. By the way, they never just say Tia once. It's always in a set.
5. "Mom." Generally said by students accidentally which is the ultimate compliment.
6. "You're my favorite ______________." Fill in the blank with any of the following: actor, teacher, relative, friend. Hey, popularity can be fun!
7. Jason Preston telling me that, "Women have the power. You just don't choose to use it Christina. If you did then you'd know that you have the power."

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Cjristina! You surely have quite a bit of lists going there. I will give some thought to doing a similar thing on my blog. Not sure if I will though. I pray you don't mind, and if you do please say so, but I put a link to your blog in a post I did tonight because I posted with regard to something you wrote about being a teacher - Can and May ... I don't know how to put the link in this comment though.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

cool list...thanks for posting it. And I will most definitely put you in a hot dress if I get a chance to :-P

3:03 PM  
Blogger Cjristina said...

Of course you may link me, Wendy. If you can figure it out. ;-)
Thanks SC. Talk to you soon

4:16 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you Cjristina!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home