Monday, August 29, 2005

Mollusk

I found some old poems in the computer. I figured I'd post them so that I could delete them from the hard drive.
Mollusk
Mollusk
Searching for my shell.

It’s always been here
How could it be lost?
Dissolved under
Your stare.

Penetrating, probing, pleasing
Pushing past barriers
of immense proportions
with a song.

Do you feel it?

This aching softness
The gaping wide hole
of my soul.
The yearning for you
For you...alone.

Then indifference
Callous in its insolence
Contaminating every encounter.
Searing the silkiness with sorrow
Smothering me
Scouring me
Drowning in the
saltiness of your sea.

Mollusk
Searching for my hell.
You
You
Seeking
Seeking from you
my solace.

Seeking from you
my salvation.

Seeking sensations
that will carry me
beyond myself to-

Someplace

Some unknown zone
Somewhere
I’m not me.

Seeing

Seeing your disgust
at my despair.

Seeing your annoyance
at my declarations.

Seeing your abhorrence
of my depravity.

Seeking
yet seeing
the answer was never
You

3 Comments:

Blogger DS Irvin said...

these are the kinds of poems I like to read - thanks.

to be honest, I think that that the two fit together in a nice way... Mollusk and You.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

They should fit together, weren't they written around the same time about the same subject Christie? Look how far you have come :-) Love and miss you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Cjristina said...

IV~Thanks.
SC~Yes, and yes.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home